Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Little Things

Sometimes little things can mean a lot. Today, I received a package from Stark Sisters Granola, which in my opinion is the world's greatest granola. Inside the box, I found the six containers of granola I'd ordered, plus a couple of newsletters from Debra's Natural Gourmet and a personal note.

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that when I'm in Florida I order Stark Sisters Maple Almond Granola from their online site (see "Addicted to My Granola"). Normally, I conduct the entire transaction online. But in October, when I placed my first order after arriving back in Miami, I had a question and decided I would call the company directly.

Debra Stark answered the phone. Naturally, I mentioned how much I love her granola. We chatted for a little while about the fact that her products are carried in New England Whole Foods Stores, but not in other regions. I reiterated my devotion to her granola. That was pretty much it.

My October granola order arrived quickly and I ate through it in record time. When I noticed I was down to my last two containers, I decided to reorder. Hence, the shipment I received today, which contained the following handwritten note from Debra Stark—

"Hi Barbara, Always happy to hear from you. Enclosing also two store newsletters for fun. Best, D"

A short note, easy to write. Good marketing policy, perhaps. But the personal touch really made me feel good. I like knowing there's a thoughtful person at the other end of my order. Her note added a little sparkle to my day. Thanks, Debra.

No comments:

Post a Comment